Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have what I believe is a 2000 Ford F-150 I am not getting

Customer Question

I have what I believe is a 2000 Ford F-150 I am not getting any gas to my Motor end it is not startingmy fuel pump is not turning on but I pulled it out and hooked it up to my battery cables and it turned on I have 11 V coming out of the plug on the body of the truck and six boats going to the pump itself but when I turn my truck on the pump does not come on
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ma am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tested the lines going to my fuel pump and they have power but when I try to crank my truck it doesn't start because my fuel pump is not coming on
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I just bought it it was running right infront of me then we shut it off but when we tried starting it the pump would not come on
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you take your volt meter and check the voltage at the inertia switch while cranking the engine over what is the voltage reading in and out of the inertia switch?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the inertia switch
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The inertia switch in on the passenger side at the kick panel.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My battery is dead so I can't check it
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay lets get the battery charged up so we can do some testing and we can work from there .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How long can I talk to you cuz I can't do that till tonight
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The question remain open as long as you need me. Im here everyday. Let me know.