Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I need a step by step installation guide a 2000 Ford

Customer Question

I need a step by step installation guide for installing a 2000 Ford Excursion Positive Battery Cable for V8 7.3L Turbo Diesel with Single Alternator Ford YC3Z-14300-CB.
I know it seems simple to just place the new cable where the old one was... but I have physical limitations and really need to see what it will take - where connections are located, what size connections, tools... so I can determine if I can reach everything.
Also, could you answer one simple question? can this be installed from above, or will I need to work under the engine?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Normally a basic socket/wrench set is all that is needed to replace the battery cable(s). You will want to get to the lower end from under the vehicle though.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions with some pictures in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks