Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Ford fusion 2014 One of key's is lost and another one is

Customer Question

Ford fusion 2014
One of key's is lost and another one is my key and limited
Is it possible to make that key too admin or unlimited?
And i have IDS program but it needs username and password ***** making changes to PATS
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will access the information for you, give me a few minutes.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Yes you can make that key a admin key, but you must purchase a second key and have them both programmed to the vehicle using a IDS tester. You will then have 2 admin keys.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks dear *****
I have ford vcm and IDS aplication
IDS tester is anything different?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Because if i have two key
IDS needs username and password ***** programming the keys using pats
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am also need some website or application to find as built data for module programming because in some vehicle models needs to entered manually
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Yes you need a subscription for ids. Are you a repair shop or Ford technician? You can purchase through ford motor company.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

We charge 35 dollars labor to program a key. The key is around 30-40 dollars. If I remember the subscription is around 1500 dollars.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am a independent repair person
With IDS subscription i can program pats and keys or another account needed for this? Because IDS says this part is online
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how can i buy the subscription?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

No you use the IDS tester to program pats keys, you also need a VCM 2. Here is a link for the subscription.

http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/wds/vcm_Retail_renewal.asp

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Here are the system requirements for running the software on a laptop.

http://scantoolresource.com/ford-scan-tool/

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Just in case you don't know, all these experts that answer questions on this site are not employees of this website, we are only paid when you rate our service to you, your deposit pays only just answer. Thank you for your business!!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks dear *****
I'm new to JustAnswer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry for asking too many questions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have VCM II device
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please tell me step by step procedure
1- i have VCM
2- i need ids (1500$)
3- purchase spare key (30-40)
4- ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think i need also Module Reprogramming & Initialization service subscription also
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

1 ok good, just FYI vcm 2 is the best it has built in recorder feature to send the VCM2 and vehicle out for a test drive to capture a fault.

2 We use a normal laptop computer and use IDS software. We have 8 of them at our dealership. https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/wds/diagnosticsites/vcmdvd/mcs/idssoftware.asp

3 The key can be cut at a dealership with your old key present, the cost is 30-50 dollars depending on the type of key. If it has a key FOB built in, it could be 100 dollars.

4 Downloading the software and subscription will take quite awhile as these files are large, when we update every month it normally takes 2-3 hours for a update.

5 Once you have a subcription and license, the IDS will check the VCM for the latest update and will let you know if a update is needed and will do it through the IDS.

6 Once you have IDS and subscription and working VCM, you will be able to program keys.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

7 If you need computer help, or installing or asking about computer terminology that I am not familiar with, your best bet is with the comuter section of Just Answer. This can be quite an undertaking, I have read about several independant shops that have had a hard time getting this all this put together.

8 Here is really the best bet, purchase this and buy a subscription license and start programming. https://rotunda.service-solutions.com/en-US/Pages/ItemDetail.aspx?SKU=164-R9819

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does IDS software do module programing and gaining security access to PATS?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Which one i need to buy?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Yes we can do both pats and programming. Looks like you need both. No sense having it if you can't do pats.