Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Numerous problems. Door locks inoperative with both switch

Customer Question

Numerous problems. Door locks inoperative with both switch and key fob, trunk switch inoperative both ways as well, courtesy light inoperative. These issues are intermittent. I have scanned vehicle and get several codes. U2162, U1041, U1059. Any ideas? Body Control Module maybe?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Sorry.....2009 Mercury Grand Marquis
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: NO.....runs great otherwise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

Can you give me the VIIN# ***** the mileage?
Also, what module did the codes come from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It appears I have solved the problem myself. A broken wire in the harness feeding from the driver's door into the hinge pillar.Everything is back to normal. Tested, tested, tested, and retested. Will run it this week and see what happens.