Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Car will not idle while in gear

Customer Question

car will not idle while in gear
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Does it stall abruptly similar to a manual transmission letting the clutch out too fast?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

If it stalls abruptly similar to a manual transmission letting the clutch out too fast then the torque converter will need to be replaced. Very common issue on the Escape, The lock up clutch in the torque converter fails in the locked position.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again,

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z