Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer) model, no sun

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer) model, no sun roof. I want to remove the above console, however I can't find all the clips to remove. I did see the screw in the sunglass compartment. I can see what appears to be the 2 rear clips. But I can't find the front clip.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I located the screw and remved the light cover, but I can't locate the front clips.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Once you remove the screw under the sunglass holder, you should be able to pull the front of the console down to release the clips.

HERE is a link with the instructions for you

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!