Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 F-350 4x4 6.0L. Between 40 & 70mph I can feel

Customer Question

I have a 2006 F-350 4x4 6.0L. Between 40 & 70mph I can feel slight vibration from the acc. pedal & the steering wheel. This vibration stops when I let off on the acc. pedal and it's smooth as silk. Any ideas? Thanks, Jamie
Category: Ford
Expert:  thomas hill replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will do my best to help you.

Are your hubs locked in the front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked my hubs to make sure they were in "Auto", which both were, but the driver's side hub would only move if I applied some force with pliers.

Ok they are know to get stuck on have someone move the truck backwards and watch the knuckles to see if they are turning if they are one of the buds are stuck on

Hubs are stuck on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The knuckles did not turn in reverse nor in forward, but there is a synthetic ring around the axle between the knuckle joint & axle housing that is not connected to anything on both sides.

Then I'm thinking the vibration is in the rear if nothing is turning in the front. I would inspect the drive shaft u joints. And does this truck have a lift kit?