Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2002 ford taurus. yesterday while driving to work

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford taurus. yesterday while driving to work it died out out of no where. I pulled off to the side of the rd and tried to restart with a no crank no start. I hooked it to a power box and it showed my battery was still at 12 v now today it still will not start and the only noise I am getting is from my fuse box. ( a small click when trying to start it) I had a check engine light that has been on since I bought it and that light went off and my oil light came on. I checked oil, a little low but nothing major. I spun serpentine belt crank and everything is moving fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this clicking noise coming from a square/rectangular relay in the fuse panel?

Does the starter make any noises do you know when trying to start the engine?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.