Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2010 Lariat has developed a squeal over the past few

Customer Question

My 2010 Lariat has developed a squeal over the past few weeks. It only begins when the truck has been driven 15 minutes or so, but is getting more noticeable. I've changed u-joints and also have done a visual inspection of the entire front end. I'm thinking hub, but not sure.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If when this noise occurs if it changes pitch when turning side to side while driving this can indicate a wheel bearing fault here.I have seen several wheel bearing failures in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.Usually if you turn left this shifts the weight to the right side and if the noise is the same or louder this indicates the right front bearing assembly needs replaced.If you turn to the right this shifts the weight to the left and if the noise is the same or worse this indicates the left front bearing assembly at fault needing replaced.I would check into this further to see if the noise does change pitch when turning and if it does a bearing is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete