Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I seem to have an issue with the shift cable on my '02

Customer Question

Hi, I seem to have an issue with the shift cable on my '02 windstar. I've called around for a replacement but no one has one. Do you know if it is called something else?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks. The cable seems to be either broken or disconnected somewhere.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. It seemed like a pretty easy thing to replace, but no one seems to have the part.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I don't think so. I have the manual and it shows how to replace it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $23 after the Ford Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** don't have access to parts, but I can look and see if there is a part number I can find for you.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Here is one, along with the part number.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Here is one on ebay also.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott