Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have a 2002 Ford F 150 with a 4.6. I have a code P01450

Customer Question

Tim I have a 2002 Ford F 150 with a 4.6. I have a code P01450 that keeps reoccouring. I have blown out the charcoal canister and vent solenoid which were very dirty. Also replaced Purge valve Mounted on Firewall all with no success. symptoms are when driving at hwy speed will get an erratic jerking or missing in engine and if I step on the accelerator it will come out of it. sometimes it will work for weeks with no problem and the next time it will do it for 10 ***** ***** straight and not quit . Any suggestions ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Tim my name is Brian
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** code p1450 is for excess fuel tank vacuum. If the cansister and vent solenoid did not fix the concern, the most likely component is a bad fuel tank pressure sensor. If you have a scan tool look at the voltage with the fuel cap off, it should be 2.6 volts with the key on.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not change the canister and vent solenoids I blew the excessive dust from the components mounted under the spare tire.
I replaced the purge valve on Mounted on the firewall. If I blow air from the hose disconnected at the Purge valve on the firewall to the canister mounted at the spare tire I get clear air flow coming out of the canister and the fuel fill neck with the cap removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is with the key off. I have replaced the fuel cap as well.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then I suspect a FTP pressure sensor, the voltage should be 2.6 volts with the key on and fuel cap off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is that located ?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

On the tank, here is removal, if you can check the voltage, thats what I would do first.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Red with pink wire should have 2.6 volts on it. At the fuel tank sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scott, thank you, we are planning to remove it tomorrow evening, out of time tonight. I am having trouble creating a password ***** log in at a later date. any ideas or direct me in the correct direction to do so. Thank YouBrian
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure about this, is there a customer support tab to click on, I am only familiar with the site on my end, sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem, Thank You.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** normally online after 6pm central just fyi.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks, might be back tomorrow evening
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

OK