Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My Ford F-150, 2000 year model is cutting out badly. It has

Customer Question

My Ford F-150, 2000 year model is cutting out badly. It has done this in the past. The mechanic said it is some type of electrical component. He replace it and it runs fine. He said this happens all the time on older Fords. What is the component? Can I replace it myself ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you have a repair bill of what he called it? or a part number on the repair bill? I have an idea of what it is, but it could be a few different things. Does the Mass Air Flow sensor sound correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't have the bill. The only thing I know for sure is that it is not the Oxygen sensor.
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Alright, I follow you. Is it blowing black smoke? or is the check engine light on?