Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My driver door leaks up above the headliner like water is

Customer Question

My driver door leaks up above the headliner like water is leaking where the door closes on the outside. But I am thinking it is where the windshield meets the body in the upper left corner?
water pours in and the door shuts flush and does not have air leaks
?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. What year model?
  2. Which cab?
  3. Do you have a sunroof?
  4. Has the vehicle been in a collision?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2016
Crew cab
Yes it has a sunroof
It has never been in a collision

Thanks, ***** ***** ruled out the leak being to blame on the sun roof trough or the trough drain tubes? For a door seal to just up and occur on a new vehicle is rare unless there is a body or paint flaw behind the weatherstrip allowing it not to seal good. One way to check this area of the door is to set the climate control to fresh air and high blower, then shut the doors and use soapy water on this area to see if there are air bubbles. I strongly feel like it more likely related to the sunroof, those are super common leak origins. If you would like the headliner removal steps, let me know.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris