Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a ford e250 2008. My dashboard is acting strange.

Customer Question

My name is***** have a ford e250 2008. My dashboard is acting strange. There is a delay of maybe 6/7 seconds on gas, battery and oil indicators.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No much more to say. When you start the car everything comes on except these 3. After 6 to 8 seconds they come on too.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If everything is coming on and operating properly besides the issues with the gauges here this usually in most all cases indicates a fault with the instrument cluster assembly itself.I have seen the circuit board in the instrument cluster act up like this here causing this issue needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.I would have this checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then from there it can be repaired.I have had to replace several instrument clusters for this fault here in the past.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete