HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 2006 mustang interior flooding on left front and rear I

Customer Question

my 2006 mustang interior flooding on left front and rear I need to know where the drains are
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: water is coming in the interior when it rain
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 10 months ago.

Hello, there are two drains under the windshield wiper cowling that get plugged up with debris over time, leaves,snow,etc. You can see the rubber plug against the firewall about halfway down on both sides of the engine compartment. Right side is near the battery. Best way to clean them out is to remove the wiper arms and black cowling under the wiper arms and clean out any debris inside and push the two rubber plugs out on the bottom to allow freeflow and prevent the water from building up inside and leaking into the interior