Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ny issue is the voltage regulator is failing,new battery,new

Customer Question

barnes ny issue is the voltage regulator is failing,new battery,new alternator, new alternator wire, new battery terminal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car quit running, i jumped it off it ranfor a mile aand ahalf,and quit again. i charged the battery longer to get it home. the altenator is bad correct?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Can you tell me what your working on please, year, make and model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2004 expedition 5.4 liter
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

So your saying the new alternator is not charging the battery?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is correct
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The alternator is controlled by the duty cycle from the PCM (computer) . Are you able to do some testing on the new alternator as well as the circuit from it to the PCM ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I am not
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay will to avoid replacing any unneeded parts some testing needs to be done, do you have someone that can help you do the testing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will take it to the shop thanks for your help
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Have them run the enclosed test, copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ALternator%20Mar%208.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.