thomas hill
thomas hill,
Experience:  master tech at kia of east hatford ct
93151433

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus wagon with rear disc brakes and am

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus wagon with rear disc brakes and am trying to replace the left rear rotor and install new brake pads. When I turn the caliper piston clockwise it does not retract. Am I doing something wrong?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have done the front and the right rear already.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I used the tool from Advance Auto. I replaced the left rotor and attached one bolt (the lower one) for the caliper and applied the tool and turned the piston clockwise but the piston did not retract. Does the caliper need to be replaced?
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I do not think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  thomas hill replied 9 months ago.

When you turn the piston stop and try squeezing the piston in now and then like a regular caliper

if my answer has helped you please help me by rating or accepting my answer. this does not cost you any more it just allows me to be credited for my work. you can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. thank you