Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I changed all my spark plugs and my coil packs and truck

Customer Question

I changed all my spark plugs and my coil packs and truck still says misfires I don't understand when all the plugs and coils are replaced why it's doing this it's a 2005 Ford F-150
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. What size engine is in the truck please? Also, What codes are you getting? is it JUST misfire codes? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.4L P0352,P0353,P0354,P0357,P0358 as I stated I replaced all the spark plugs and coil and it's still saying the same codes after I did all the work
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

I follow you, and it runs really bad like all those cylinders are misfiring is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, Do you have a spark tester? that the coil pack can actually go over and you can check to see if there is any spark out of those coils your having an issue with the misfire code on that cylinder. I want to remove the coil pack, and then put a spark tester on it.

It looks like this, if the coil isn't even putting out any spark at all on those cylinders, I would have to say it's likely the coil drivers in the PCM are failing.