Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 ford freestar. when I go to put gas in its

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ford freestar. when I go to put gas in its shutting off right away. is it the pressure sensor or is there another sensor that controls the canister also ????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If one of the tank vent tubes has collapsed at all or is damaged in any way this can cause this here.I have also seen issues with the canister and canister vent valve filled with debris or fuel or stuck closed causing this needing replaced.These are the most common causes for this fault here.

You will need to have the EVAP components tested using a scan tool and in some cases an evap smoke machine to help locate the cause here.Once located it can be repaired to correct this fault.I would do a visual inspection of the evap pipes and hoses around the fuel tank and any vent hoses to see if any are blocked or damaged needing replaced or repaired.

In some rare cases the fuel tank itself will need replaced if found to be an internal fuel tank fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete