James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2003 Ford F350 6.0 powerstroke its crew cab bed it

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford F350 6.0 powerstroke its crew cab long bed it has manual locking hubs but eof 4x4 switch in the dash. The truck will not switch into 4 low or 4 high i have checked all fuses and have replaced the switch in the dash and got a new transfer case shift motor but still nothing. I have tested to see if the shift motor was even getting power and it is not. Any help please? Also i check to see if the hubs are lockinh and they are.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Hello, what brand shift motor did you use? Also do you have a way to test for codes in the*****module?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A1 cardone and i dont know if auto enginuity will
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

If you can read the codes it will help. I have seen the*****modules fail from time to time. On a rare occasion I have also seen broken wires between the relays and the*****module. I would see if you have a way to test for codes. If any come up it can help point us in the right direction. If you have a similar vehicle with a known good*****module you can swap it over and see if it makes a difference.