James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2007 f-350 ranch, rough running until it warms up,

Customer Question

i have a 2007 f-350 king ranch, rough running until it warms up, no black smoke at all my oil is clean, when warm it runs perfect the description of other examples is exactly my symptoms also please help I love my truck!!!!!!!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes , but I only want to speak to a ford diesel expert,thanks
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing it just started this week
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: 2007 6.0 egr delete, 160,000 mi, it has sinister coolant filter system also bypass remote oil filter, I run 10-40 synthetic oil.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $23 after the Ford Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Hello, does it make a difference with temperature?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
dosent seem to matter, just after sitting all night
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like you have a FICM module that is failing. Usually after an overnight soak they will lose voltage for a minute or two and run rough. Once the voltage builds up to 48v the vehicle will run perfectly normal again.