Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I need to replace manual seats in a 1999 regular cab super

Customer Question

I need to replace manual seats in a 1999 regular cab super duty with power seats from a 2008. No heat or memory on new seats.should I get the plug from the 08 to wire into the 99 or run new wires?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet I didn't want to take the old ones out before I knew what to do.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: It's a diesel if that makes a difference
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Is the 08 a super duty as well?

If the 08 does not have the pigtail from the vehicle wire harness. It would be much easier for us to help complete that connection to your 99 with that. If you can not get it, we can still accomplish this, there will just be some wire splicing making the job look less professional and harder for a future seat removal if ever need be.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris