James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I need to get to the interior fuses, my trailer lights are

Customer Question

I need to get to the interior fuses, my trailer lights are not working. Removed the fuse box cover, but there is an additional gray cover over the fuses. How do I get that off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This is a F350 super duty, 2004 pick up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have fuses, I just need to get the fuse box open
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Hello, when you remove the access panel to the fuses the extra cover pulls off. On the far right side in the middle you should see a retake tab. If you pull on this tab the fuse panel cover will come right off.