Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

My Ford F250 says its going into Engine Idle soon.How far

Customer Question

My Ford F250 says its going into Engine Idle soon.How far can I drive before it does? I am 300 miles away from the nearest ford dealer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light on the dash of my 2012 F250 diesel ford stating it is going to go into engine idle soon
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** me look up the information for you.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Ok it states the engine will go to idle only upon stopping or refueling. So as long as you stay moving it should be ok to drive. Here is the information for the DEF fluid.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott