Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 1999 Ford F350 will not send the charge back to the

Customer Question

My 1999 Ford F350 will not send the charge back to the battery I changed 2 alternators and made sure I had the store check it before I left and both were good. The voltage that is coming out of the alternator for some reason is not getting back to the battery to keep it charged. Please help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What elese do you need maybe I can take a look
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Do you have a volt meter so we can diagnose this?
  2. Which engine?
  3. Are you used motorcraft or aftermarket alternators?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Not at the moment my mechanic checked it initially and said that was the issue
2. Triton 5.4L
3. Motorcraft

Thanks,

Use the diagram below. There are 3 wires going to the alternator. With the key off tell me which wires have battery voltage. While running which have battery voltage. Do these while all is connected. While running each should have battery voltage. This will tell me if the alternator is commanded on and if the fuse links are fine. The wire colors are:

orange/light blue

yellow/white

light green/red

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99charge.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris