rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Stumbling under load. Surging upon acceleration. when I put

Customer Question

Stumbling under load. Surging upon acceleration. when I put the car in gear can feel like its missing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced PCV valve and the problem did not change, in fact it seems to have gotton worse. I have searched for a vacuum leak but have not found one.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yse
JA: Huh?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No. This problem have been a gradual progression.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $23 after the Ford Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You need to check your fuel pressure and volume with a gauge first, then also check for an exhaust restriction.