Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

72 ford 302 clamp off Distributor is bad will not turn need

Customer Question

72 ford 302 clamp off Distributor is bad will not turn need to take out to install new Distributor. How do I get it out?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem you are having is due to sludge build up on the distributor housing. What I do when this happens is to take some carb cleaner and start soaking as much of the cleaner in the the hole as you can and then take a pry bar and start working it back and forth . Once you are able of get it to start to budge keep flooding it with the carb cleaner which will break the sludge build up and free it up. Its going to take some work but if you keep if flooded with the cleaner and keep working it back and forth is will begin to loosen up and you should be able to get it up and out.