AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 200 ford ranger xlt 4.0, 236,000 mi. I noticed a

Customer Question

I have a 200 ford ranger xlt 4.0, 236,000 mi. I noticed a rough start lately after it would start lots of steam would come out the exhaust, once it warmed up the steam would go away. Well this morning when I went to start it. It would crank but not start. When I checked the radiator the resivoir cap literally popped straight up in the air like it was under pressure. This is my only vehicle and I do all the work myself. I recently changed valve cover gaskets. Fuel tank. Radiator. Waterpump. Thermostat. Heater control valve. Plugs.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. With all of the cooling system components that have been made, I would recommend to check for a blown head gasket. This should at least be ruled out.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

If that checks out good and the engine is cranking over but not starting, then you will need to check for spark and fuel. Be sure that the check engine light comes on with the key on and it goes off while cranking. This indicates that computer is awake and it recognizes engine rpm while the engine is turning over. If this is the case, it should have spark. If so, check to see if it runs on starting fluid as you may just have a bad fuel pump..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

.