Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Had a recon turbo fitted to ford focus 6 weeks ago had to

Customer Question

Had a recon turbo fitted to ford focus 6 weeks ago had to take it back due to flat spot and wheeze. The mechanic took a pipe of the side of the turbo and said that it was leaking oil badly. They took the turbo apart and have told me that it failed due to lack of oil and as a good will gesture they will give me another turbo for half price. Is this right?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the turbo was leaking oil once the pipe was removed then it dose not sound like it failed due to a lack of oil but instead it sounds more like they installed a defective turbo. If it was starving for oil then ask them where the oil came from. This one dose not past the smell test to me. If it was starving for oil then there would have not been any signs of oil anywhere near the turbo.