AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Replaced fuel pump, driver pump module, fuse shut off switch

Customer Question

replaced fuel pump, driver pump module, fuse shut off switch but it still turns over but no power to pump gage works
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ford 2008 f-150 5.4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new pump, driver module, fuse, shut off reset but no power to pump
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I would start by checking for power going directly into the fuel pump driver module on the white wire with the key on and cranking. If there is no power, check power going into the inertia switch and check power going into the fuel pump relay. There should be two powers and one ground. When this happens the contacts inside the relay will close and it will send out power on the fourth wire to the fuel pump/inertia switch. Here is a wiring diagram.