Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2001 ford ranger where in the past, I would have

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ford ranger where in the past, I would have the power locks lock automatically, the airbag warning light would flash, an the O/D light would flash. Today when I turned the vehicle off, all of the dash lights, including the radio and exterior lights were blinking. It will eventually stop but it will continue this while driving as well. Any thoughts as to the root cause?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. So the issues in the past, locks, airbag, OD light those are no longer occurring?
  2. If you remove the headlight switch do the blinking interior and exterior lights stop?
  3. Was it the parking/running lights on the exterior which were flashing?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. Those items still occur from time to time but are not at this moment.
2. I'm not sure I understand this question.
3. It initially started while in park, but continues intermittently while driving.

The switch you use to turn on the headlights. If you remove it do you still have the flashing light issue?