Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I just replaced the front oxygen sensor on my 2003 Ford

Customer Question

I just replaced the front oxygen sensor on my 2003 Ford Windstar and it is still running rough
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the front sensor bottom and easily accessible has been replaced. I do not know where to look to access and change out the 2nd sensor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the Mass Air Flow Sensor...still ran rough. Changed one Airflow sensor in the front bottom (towards the front of the motor). Can you tell me where I need to look to find the second sensor?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 10 months ago.

Hello , just follow the exhaust system....its toward the back by the catalytic converter Thanks Joey Please rate my answer take care

It called the bank 2 senor or downstream sensor