Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1994 E150 Ford Van with a 5.8. Recently replaced

Customer Question

I have a 1994 E150 Ford Van with a 5.8. Recently replaced fuel pump and fuel filter. Transmission was rebuilt last year, this was done at a tech school. I get a bunch of bumping when the transmission shifts. They said the torque converter needs replacing yet. It shifts real fast now that it was rebuilt. They said I would notice the fast shift now. It started running a little bad and loses power for short times, like engine dies and powers up in erratic spurts. It is in the shop and the mechanic checked codes. 41,28, and 35 came up. He replaced cap, wires, rotor and tps sensor. It didn't fix it. Is there a fix for this? seems like a common problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. If you clear the codes which code or codes come back first? Does the engine ever not start back up after it stalls out?