Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 97 f250 7.3l, I've replaced the icp,crank

Customer Question

Hey Scott, I have a 97 f250 7.3l, I've replaced the icp,crank sensor,new motor raft fuel filter and ford fuel filter cap and the pcm, truck will crank up and run, sometimes for a while and sometime it just dies and will turn over but not start, I drove it 30 miles the other day and stopes and ate dinner then cranked up and drive it home, about an hr later went to leave and all it did was crank for a while then sputtered and finally started, drove fine got to my moms house cut it off and 2 hours later cranked up and then died, put the new filter in and cranked right up and idled for on hr then died and would not fire up just turned over, I am lost at this point no check engine light at all is coming on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Do you have a scan tool that can show the ICP pressure while cranking and perform an injector buzz test?
  2. While running does it run great with no exhaust smoke?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have a scan tool that can look at the icp pressure or perform a buzz test, and when running it runs great, runs clean and good throttle response, idles smooth..... Not sure if my blue point eecr2 scanner has a module to read or perform that test

While cranking and it will not start can you backprobe each wire to the ICP sensor and tell me the voltage.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can and will do that tomorrow and give you the results

Thanks

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris