Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1989 ford f150 stalling no power, after awile, awile u let

Customer Question

1989 ford f150 stalling no power, after awile
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: awile u let it sit and it restarts smooths out goes a little ways and stalls again had an 80 pinto do the same thing ended up being ecm, just replaced the fuel filter and can hear fuel pump run when I turn ign on. just towed it back to my garage restarted long enough to get it inside
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge by chance? I would like to know what the fuel pressure was when it stalled out if possible, also, what engine do you have 4.9 6 cyl? 302? or 351? Thank you.