Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2004 F250 with the same problem here washer and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 F250 with the same problem here washer and wiper motors not working. i replaced the multi function switch with no avail. So where do i look for the GEM module or the ground wire? Is it inside or the firewall. Is it on the wiper motor oe the washer motor? Seems to be quite confusing where wiring and components are.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, i have the dash apart and battery unhooked. I won't quite till i solve it. LOL i drive myself crazy like that.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the multifunction switch now i was looking for the GEM module.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Thats as far as i got.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 2004 dose not use the GEM module to control the wipers, the wiper control module is incorporated into the wiper motor. See the wiring diagram for the circuit in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
All ground locations are marked in the diagram as well.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Wiper%20Mar%201.pdf

See the testing steps in the link below. The common cause is usually a failed motor assembly and or the circuit to it providing the fuse check okay. Have a look and run the testing and post back if you you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Wiper%20test%20Mar%201.pdf