Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Was trying to just read all I could and not bother anyone I

Customer Question

Hello was trying to just read all I could and not bother anyone I have a 93 f350 7.3 with 332,000 ***** ***** running great until last week. cold starts take a awhile but then its fine, but once going (driving) slow for light or turn and it just dies, then will start right back up. My first diesel, was going to try ignition switch and fuel filter first. Any ideas thanks in advance. ken forte
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck starts fine no check engine lights, all fluids changed, once in gear 5sp tranny, it just dies or stalls out when I come to stop or just turn, then I push In clutch and it fires back up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put in credit card information, are you still there?
Expert:  John Vieira replied 9 months ago.

I am here and just reading through your post now, just a sec.

Possibles: It could be sucking air.

It could be the injection pump actually being bad, which it could very well be.

Sucking air means to fix: you need to put a clear line in place of the fuel filter return hose and check for air bubbles in the system.

If there is no air in that return line, take the return fitting off of the fuel injection pump. Remove the straight adapter that is between the elbow and the pump get a white sheet of paper clean and tap the fitting on the paper looking for bits of metal. If there is bits of metal on the paper, then you need a new injection pump.