Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1989 Ford F-150 6cyl 4wd. My dad bought it new and

Customer Question

I have a 1989 Ford F-150 6cyl 4wd. My dad bought it new and let it set for much of the last several years. It only has 18.5 thousand original miles on it. When I got it from him it would unexpectedly quit running. I have changed out the front tank and cleaned the rear tank, new filters and pumps. I noticed when I lowered the front tank that it had a couple crimps in the return line. Now it wont even start. No one I've talked to seems to know what's wrong with it. Sure hope you can help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need proper fuel pressure at the fuel rail (32 to 45 PSI) , good spark to the spark plugs and injector pulse. Now that it will not start can you check each one of these thing s to see which ones you are lacking and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.