gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Why after i've been driving and stop why do i have trouble

Customer Question

why after i've been driving and stop for gas why do i have trouble getting the tank to take gas, 2 or 3 gal and clicks off time after time
Category: Ford
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

When filling the tank, the air in the tank has to go somewhere- which is to the charcoal canister. If the intake filter on the canister is clogged (if you drive a lot in mud or on really dusty gravel roads) or if the charcoal canister has been flooded and is now solid instead of porous, the the air will push back up the filler neck, against the flow of fuel, and shut off the pump.

So inspect the charcoal canister under the spare tire, or disconnect the line and blow it out with shop air.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.