A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Here. 2009 F150 Platinum. Left rear door ajar warning even

Customer Question

here. 2009 F150 Platinum. Left rear door ajar warning even though the door is closed. Tried WD40 but no luck. Is there a switch I can replace? If so where is it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Truck has 170,000 km. Everything else works just fine. Driving down the road and the left door ajar warning will come on in the dash. Opening and slamming the door will work sometimes but usually not.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 10 months ago.

The rear door latch has the door ajar switch built into the latch. The complete left rear door latch will have to be replaced to repair the dome light/door ajar concern.