Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Ford F-350 5.4 gas engine, no power to fuel cut off switch,

Customer Question

Ford F-350 5.4 gas engine, no power to fuel cut off switch, fuel pump fuse good........is there a fuel pump relay anywhere ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

What year f350 do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 sorry
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me look

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok this relay is built internal to the central junction box and is not serviceable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I have no power to cut off switch, the only other thing it can be is relay ?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any trouble codes stored in PCM?

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Also there is only power at the inertia switch for 2-3 seconds when key is initially turned on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, battery went dead and lost them all. I started off thinking it was fuel pump, replaced pump and filter, now I found out no power to cut off switch. So I'm thinking it has to be fuel pump relay, just want your opinion before I buy a fuse box
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Before anything I would do a KOEO self test with a scan tool, this test will test the fuel pump circuit and will set a code if there is a problem, there is no sense buying a fuse panel assembly if it won't fix the problem. I think I maybe have replaced 1 one these that I can ever remember for this concern, so a self test is a must. Just trying to save you some money in the long run.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

I would check all the fuses under the hood and inside first, just to be sure there isn't a blown one for the PCM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

If the PCM isn't powering up, the fuel pumpwon't run either since this relay is commanded by the pCM

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your business!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started acting up an would cut off going down the road.....after about 2 months it just stopped running altogether
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

From the description it sounds like it could be a wiring issue. Make sure you have 12 volts to the fuel injectors and make sure the check engine light comes on when the key is turned on also. This let you know the PCM relay is providing power to the computer.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

If I have answered all your questions, please take the time to rate my service help as this is how we are paid, thank you.