Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2010 f350, pats issues, crank no start, not sue what the obd

Customer Question

2010 f350, pats issues, crank no start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sue what the obd codes are but there are 3, can clear them- runs for a week then cranks, runs 10 sec and dies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Can you provide the codes? Have you had the PATS scanned to see what codes it has?

What PATS issie are you having? Is the key not being recognized?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
had it scanned but don't know the codes- I know that they were all pats related. Bought the truck with blown turbo, did a cab off to replace it, left the dpf alone- just rejened it, seems to run fine when it starts, I don't think f350's have pats keys? this is a very small key- does have plastic at top- I have a 2008 that does not have pats keys,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are there connections , fuses that I can check?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

The 2010 certainly uses PATS.

With the issue being intermittent, there is an electrical issue with the instrument cluster to the PATS module. Those codes are very important for somewhere you are losing the signal from the key reader to the PATS module. I suggest having it scanned for the stored code with a Ford IDS tool and have the PATS reprogrammed as well as a full software update on the truck and then see how it doesm you might have the sensor ring on the ignition going bad or a short in it. It could also be another issue in the module or the sensor in the cluster acting up. If it keeps acting up, it could go full antitheft lock out mode forcing a tow to dealer to have reset. You want to try and have it looked at before then.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.