Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

What could cause my 2005 Ford Expedition to stall out going

Customer Question

what could cause my 2005 Ford Expedition to stall out going 70 mph down interstate. Had electrical power but lost all acceleration and had to coast to side of interstate. Could not get it started back until tow truck arrived at shop. it cranked then i drove it to parking spot then stalled out again with engine light on. when it happened initially there were no warning lights or error messages
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i thought i just did, what else do you need to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

The most common problem I see for this concern is the fuel pump relay failing in the interior fuse box. The relay is integrated into the fuse box and cannot be replaced separately. The repair is replacing the fuse box. Of course this would need to be verified by having the concern present and verifying no voltage present out of the relay when cranking the engine. When this concern is intermittent it can be very difficult to diagnose properly.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again,

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

Thanks,

Kenny Z