Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

O3 EXPLORER 4.0 K MOTOR WHAT ACTIVATES POWER RELAY? NO CRANK

Customer Question

HELLO MY NAME IS***** 4.0 K MOTOR WHAT ACTIVATES POWER RELAY?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: NO CRANK NO COMPUTER POWER JUMP POWER RELAY RUNS FINE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Here is the power for PCM relay, the relay is fused in power distribution box under the hood, the power comes from the ignition switch, hot in start and run.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

The power originates from the ignition switch from red and green wire, then to fuse panel under hood, then to PCM relay. Here are all the diagrams, you have to trace the power from the relay back throught the pictures by using the letters with arrows on them. I have seen more problems at the fuse box under the hood than anywhere else, but it could be a open wire from the igntion anywhere to the PCM relay. Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Please take the time to rate my help as this is how I am paid. Thank you