Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Anti theft reset on 2001 expolrer, yes how do I reset it,

Customer Question

anti theft reset on 2001 expolrer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes how do I reset it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how to reset anti theft on 2001 explorer
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

There is not a reset button or a way to reset a factory installed OEM PATS anti theft system. Sometimes though disconnecting both battery cables and holding them together for one minute then reconnecting. Next lock and unlock the door with the remote and key. Then try to start. If the theft light still blinks rapid when the key is in the run position. This means 2 keys need to be reprogrammed back to the vehicle via a scan tool or there is a part in the PATS system that has failed and there are trouble codes stored.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris