Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The liftgate won't open. All the doors and the liftgate

Customer Question

The liftgate won't open. All the doors and the liftgate glass unlocks when I hit the button, but the liftgate itself won't open.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it, the liftgate won't open, or should I say won't unlock
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to, but the most important thing is knowing what's wrong and how I should go about getting it fixed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: pearl, I just need to know about the liftgate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year, model and engine of it please?