EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

T have key bumper lock, just bought truck checked spare and

Customer Question

don't have key for the bumper lock
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just bought truck checked spare and it is flat trying to get it out so I can air it up do not have the key for the bumper
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked in jack comp. don't have a way to get***** *****dle through bumper i
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. The key that goes on the end of the spare tire let down tool, is not in the glove box in a little bag?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I don have manuel or anything

You can get a replacement at the dealer with the VIN number. Is it super crucial that you get the tire down now?

And most dealers have a master lock kit to remove it. They may just be able to remove it for you and not put it back in.

Thanks for viewing my response. Let me know if you have any more questions on this, and please rate my service. Thanks.