George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I am trying to disconnect a quick connect fuel line from the

Customer Question

I am trying to disconnect a quick connect fuel line from the fuel pump on a 1996 Ford f-150. I've tried using the tool and I've even tried making my own from marker cap. The coupling seems to be extra long and I'm afraid everything I've tried has been to short. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Usually the problem is dirt in the fitting, use silicone spray to wash the dirt out and lubricate the fitting and run the tool all the way in the coupler, there are several styles so maybe stop at the parts store with yours and compare to get a longer one. I use a pair of vise grips loosely on the pipe to push the tool into the coupler. Hold it in tight and twist the line back and forth and then pull as you twist.

You do mean pump and not filter?

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you