Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

We have a 2002 f150 4.2 (I think) V6 truck. It is

Customer Question

Hi, we have a 2002 f150 4.2 (I think) V6 truck. It is intermittently stalling at low idle, also will start one day and not the next. We are trying to find the fuel pressure regulator but can't find it or anything on the internet showing our year truck and location. Can you help us find it? Thank you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  piciu1982 replied 9 months ago.

fuel pressure regulator is in gas tank. it is servicable with fuel pump assembly they don't usualy go bad . also as for stalling and no start sometimes try stepping on a gas when it happens, it is very common on does trucks from that idle control valve is sticking

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All the other pictures and videos on the Internet show the fuel pressure regulator on Ford F-150 (other years close to ours) in the engine compartment. Some were outside the manifold, and some had to take the manifold off to access it. Are you sure our 2002's is in the fuel tank? We were just trying to get the answer to where it was on our truck to see if we really needed to take off the manifold first to get to it. When the truck would die while driving it at low idle, it wouldn't stall, it would choke, I would pump the gas and it would choke some more, sometimes I could get it going fast enough again to drive a while. When the car sits now, we go out to start it in the morning and some days it starts like nothing is wrong with it, other days it will not start at all, nothing in between like low idle or choking when trying to start it. Do you have any more info or suggestions?