Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Truck was stolen and ignition cylinder was damaged. I

Customer Question

Truck was stolen and ignition cylinder was damaged. I replaced the ignition cylinder. everything else seems to work but the truck will still not crank when key is fully turned.
JA: What year is your Truck?
Customer: 2007 F350 6L King Ranch
JA: Nice car. The Ford Mechanic can help you with your '07 Truck. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I removed & replaced head gaskets now trying to fire it up.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Already done
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Ford Mechanic now?
Customer: sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Some of the informaion you provided is a bit confusing. You say you replaced the key cylinder at first then you say you replaced the head gaskets. Which is it?

Also when asked if you are going to fix it yourself you say its done. Do you still need help or no?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, A little back ground on this truck should help. Owned it since new. Known it required head gaskets for approximately 1 year because when placed under load compression would fail & overheat engine, but would run fine when driving in normal conditions. It was stolen last June and taken on a joy ride and abandoned. I recovered the truck and parked it until last month and then decided to tear down engine to replace head gaskets and fix damage done when stolen. had to replace ignition cylinder due to how they started it when it was stolen. Everything seems to work except when key is fully turned to start position, it won't crank over.

Do you have a scan tool?